Geek Links — April 6, 2010
Posted on April 6, 2010 by Chris Nelson
A little late in the day, but here are your Geek links for April 6, 2010. The list is a little lighter than normal, but we have Linux and Anime tidbits, a whole bunch of programming articles, smartphone issues, web stuffs, and more. Enjoy.
- Who Is the “Most Awful” Anime Character?
- Anime Review: Strike Witches – Complete 1st Season | JanaiBlog I’m of the mindset that this is a creepy little title, but people seem to like it.
- LLVM Project Blog: Amazing feats of Clang Error Recovery
- Learn Python in 10 minutes | Stavros’ Stuff
- Java’s more relevant than you think.
- Some good Ruby on Rails tutorials
- 21 Fresh Ajax CSS Tables – Noupe
- Google Shows How HTML5 Can Run Quake In The Browser
- Highscore – The Boost C++ Libraries
- YouTube – The Lazy Programmer’s Guide to Secure Computing
- Rules of Optimization
- Putting Google to the Test in Translation – Graphic – NYTimes.com
- Journalists in China say Yahoo accounts hacked – The Mainichi Daily News
- Chatroulette Is 89 Percent Male, 47 Percent American, And 13 Percent Perverts
- Facebook’s Plan To Automatically Share Your Data With Sites You Never Signed Up For
- Web Performance Best Practices
- March Smart Phone Madness Winner: Palm Pre Plus!
- Why Palm’s headed for a buyout — by RIM | VentureBeat
- DigiBarn Stories: Ed Roberts Memorial Page & MITS@40 – MITS on its 40th Anniversary (1969-2009)
- Soviet landers Luna 20, 23, and 24, plus the tracks of Lunokhod 2 – The Planetary Society Blog | The Planetary Society
- California lawmakers are the highest paid in the nation, survey finds| PolitiCal | Los Angeles Times
- Bay Area jobs market won’t recover until 2015, forecast says – ContraCostaTimes.com
- RNC accidentally advertises for phone sex hotline – War Room – Salon.com
- PC – Wolfenstein 3D – Level 60/E6L10 | Games Unstory
- AchronGame.com | Welcome to Achron, Time Travel is Here
- Doctor Octoroc Presents | 8-Bit Dr. Horrible
- Amazon reviewers think this masterpiece sucks – Amazon.com – Salon.com
- How do I flush?? Do I pull on her ear, do I push on her breast? What would Indiana Jones do? This thing is definitely not in America
- What is the worst interviewee answer? – Stack Overflow
- How can you tell if a person is a programmer? – Stack Overflow
- The greatest enemy of the programmer: hemorrhoids – Cube Of M