Geek Links — June 22, 2010
Posted on June 22, 2010 by Chris Nelson
This past week has been insanely busy (I didn’t even get to post my Not on DVD column), so the link selection is a bit light. Still, there are some interesting things to be found. This week we have hands on reviews of Nintendo’s 3DSi, vintage ads and shows, “trap” videogame characters, Apple dating sites, toxic California locations, HTML5 tidbits, and the usual programming and science articles. Enjoy.
- Photos from E3
- Hands On: A Few Stolen Moments With Nintendo’s Stunning 3DS
- E3: Miyamoto’s Roundtable Talk On 3DS, Zelda, More
- Nintendo 3DS hands-on report
- Capcom’s Poison — It’s a trap! Kris and I were playing Final Fight last night and saw poison as one of the enemies. Thought I might as well link this.
- Noisebridge Attempts to Teach Science To Juggalos
- Anri Suzuki is not offering sex as reparations for the Second Sino-Japanese War
- Emwow: Vince for Eminem’s Recovery
- Over a third of the Internet is pornographic
A sample of the Archive films
- HTML5 presentation
- When can I use… HTML5 Capability Checker
- Tor: anonymity online Freak out HTML5′s geolocation abilities