Geek Links — October 19, 2010
Posted on October 19, 2010 by Chris Nelson
- The Importance of Giving a Damn
- The Next Big Language
- Reddit discussion of the above article
- The Fundamentals of Game Design
- How To Tell A Software Developer What You Want
- C++ Boost Tutorial
- Program or Be Programmed
- Core War – The King of Programming Games
- The Programming Language with the Happiest Users
- Processed Tower Defense
- How To Node
- try ruby! (in your browser) — I spent about 2 hours playing around with this. So much fun!
- Ruby for Newbies: Installing Ruby and Getting Started
- What are the most important things to know about Ruby?
- What are the Ruby Gotchas a newbie should be warned about?
- RubyFlow : Ruby Programming Community Link Blog
- The Ruby Toolbox
- Ruby post-Python: second impressions (or: how I learned to stop worrying and love the implicit)
- Replies and Retweets on Twitter, a Report by Sysomos
- 40 Useful Online Applications for Web Designers and Developers
- 20 Free Online CSS Editors For Web Designers
- How to use HTML5 on your website today
- Apple’s Steve Jobs Rants About His Competitors: ‘Open Doesn’t Always Win’
- Steve Jobs’s Epic 5-Minute Anti-Google Rant (audio)
— not really a rant….but interesting. He doesn’t mention linux in any discussion of ‘open’ though.
- 16 More of the Greatest Fan Flicks and Trailers Ever Made
- Enough rare cult movie interviews to kill your productivity for the rest of the day
- Japan Brings The Pinku Violence In The HORNY HOUSE OF HORROR [NSFW]
- A Linux that works
- Top things to do after installing Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat
- 15 Reasons to Switch to Linux