Chewy Chocolate Chip Mac Nut Cookies
Posted on September 28, 2007 by Kris Nelson
I know it’s a lot of butter (2 cups = 1 whole box), but by golly I was searching high and low for an awesome CHEWY choco-chip cookie recipe and by golly I think I’ve found it. These were gone in a couple of days even though we didn’t give too many away. Recipe (from allrecipes.com on Yahoo! Food) below. I subbed mac nuts for walnuts and used chocolate pudding instead of vanilla. Gimme dat brown on brown. I don’t have a food processor or $300 electric mixer like Martha Stewart. I felt like my arm was going to fall off incorporating the dough. This is one for the biceps.
Award Winning Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.
NUTRITION INFO (1 serving = 1 cookie)
- Calories: 176 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0 g
- Fat: 10 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Sugars: 13 g
About the Author